03 Oct Jr. Embedded Software Engineer, Full Time
Maxtena, Inc. is looking for creative, results-driven people, who want to invent the future of wireless technologies.
By innovating our cutting-edge antennas, our teams are enabling new generation of wireless technologies to have better precision, design, and performance. Working at Maxtena, you will be in an open, multi-disciplinary environment of continuous learning and intellectual growth. Your involvement in unique projects demands creative solution-engineering and exposure to different industries. Together we create a better connected world and save lives.
We look forward to your new ideas and our mutual growth.
Apply now and tell your friends, we’re always looking for talent. In fact, be a part of the future today – at Maxtena!
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Rockville, MD
Employee Status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Full package
The Embedded Software Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team, responsible for product design, development, and support. Responsibilities include architecture, design, coding, development, testing, debugging, quality assurance, open source assessment, and implementation of embedded devices and systems. The role provides thought leadership in embedded device engineering and product improvements.
Qualified applicants must be creative, detail-oriented, organized, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals, who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The position is based in Rockville, MD and requires some travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post-production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Recommend product improvements
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or similar. MS preferred
- 3+ years of related development experience
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and implementing 3G/4G Wireless protocols
- Demonstrated experience in digital, RF, wireless, telecom, network architecture, protocols and standards
- Demonstrated experience in Embedded Systems Architecture Concepts
- Demonstrated experience in embedded processor hardware architectures, X86, ARM, ST10
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of high-level software languages such as C, C++
- Demonstrated experience in VHDL coding for FPGA & CPLDs
- Demonstrated experience developing embedded software for and a solid understanding of real-time systems
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of real-time signal processing algorithms
- Demonstrated experience in wireless networking hardware, software, and firmware
- Demonstrated experience in strong knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, sockets Programming
- Proven Experience developing and a solid understanding of both the hardware layer and protocols for communication interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI and CAN bus
- Experience with GUI toolkit such as Qt is desired
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Maxtena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.Apply Now