23 Mar Product Design Engineer (Full Time)
Maxtena, Inc. is looking for creative, result-driven people, who want to redesign the future of wireless technologies.
By innovating the cutting-edge antennas, our teams are enabling new generation of wireless technologies to have better precision, design, and performance. Working at Maxtena, you will be in an open, multi-disciplinary environment of continuous learning and intellectual growth. Your involvement in unique projects demands creative solution-engineering and exposure to different industries. Together we create a better connected world and save lives.
We look forward to your new ideas and our mutual growth.
Apply now and tell your friends, we’re always looking for talent. In fact, be a part of the future today – at Maxtena!
Job Title: Product Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Rockville, MD
Employee status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Full package
The Product Design Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team, responsible for product design, development, and support. Responsibilities include product innovation, prototype development, simulation, testing, tooling recommendations, product improvements, new technology assessment, cost analysis. The role possesses the ability to develop designs from concept through production readiness.
Qualified applicants must be creative, independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals, who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The position is based in Rockville, MD and requires travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
- Develop new product designs utilizing a variety of engineering materials (metals, sheet metals, plastics)
- Work with Engineering team on new product development and improving existing products
- Work with Manufacturing team on design realization and manufacturability improvements
- Support engineering designs through analysis, simulation, and testing
- Facilitate tooling and prototyping of key parts
- Develop verification plans and perform testing to verify the new technology or mechanical concept
- Estimate cost and quality of products
- Support strategic sourcing on assessment and development of supplier strategy
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, MSME or Product Design Preferred
- 5+ years of Mechanical Concept Design experience in portable consumer devices or mobile devices
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical design tools (3D and 2D CAD, simulation tools, etc.) and processes such as injection molding, metal forming\stamping\milling, design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical design of PCBAs and electrical interconnect systems
- Willingness to travel to customer, supplier and other Maxtena facilities for technical support, and oversight
- Demonstrated experience with the mechanical integration of RF, Antenna, and Baseband electrical components is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis, DFMEA, design for six sigma and test methods proficiency
- Demonstrated experience in Finite Element Analysis
- Demonstrated experience in Tolerance Analysis
- Demonstrated passion for meeting the highest standards of quality and utility while developing new solutions
- Demonstrated experience in materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Maxtena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.Apply Now